If you are a spartan freak than you have been in the position of trying to convince your friends or family to come run a race with you.
Tahoe is by far the race that you want to be at. It is the world championship and the place where you see all the top Spartan athletes come together to battle it out.
The energy is unreal. I want to help you convince everyone in your life to race there next year. We don’t want anyone to miss out.
Your convo to convince them will probably go something like this….
Hey girl, you want to go run Tahoe next year?
- You will be at 6,200-9,000 elevation so you might not be able to breathe.
- There is a swim that is soooooo cold that it might take your breath away.
- If you don’t want to do the swim, don’t even worry about it cause you can bust out 60-80 burpees.
- It may or may not start snowing when you are half way through the race. It’s cool, you only have 7 miles left.
- You might try to climb the wall and it is so slippery that you slam down and hit your chest on it. Just breath.
- You will be running a few hills that bring you to your knees.
- You will be doing it wet and freezing cold.
- You might have icicles hanging from your nose or beard.
- You may be running and have a friend in front of you feeling like they are a beast on fire and you are back behind like……WTF?! I literally might die. I am not freaking joking. I might die.
Then you will say..
“Have I convinced you?”
At which point.
Normal person will respond..”Hell to the mother freakin NO!”
Spartans respond..”AROO! AROO! AROO!”
On a serious note.
Make sure to properly fuel and hydrate. Don’t think that because it is a little cooler that you don’t need to hydrate. 🙂
Make sure to dress up with layers. It is always easier to undress than it is to run freezing cold.
YOLO– You only live once so you might as well live it up by challenging yourself with this race.
Enjoy your view. Don’t forget to take in the beauty that surrounds you and appreciate your healthy body that has gotten you there.
Be inspired by the people around you. There are so many different amazing people who come together to race. Meet new friends.
Team MAX and I want to wish all of our spartan friends good luck. You will smash it. We will be cheering you on and can’t wait to see the pics.
Dine well Friday night my friends, because Saturday you DINE IN HELL. 🙂
Go get your glory.
P.S-We would love to see your pics. Post them in the comments and I will add them to this post. If you have some from last year, post those as well.